The Council on Active Transportation shall:
- address issues related to bicycle, pedestrian, and other active transportation modes, including non-motorized access to the multimodal network,
- provide input on related policy issues and cross-cutting/multimodal issues to the Transportation Policy Forum,
- provide direction and assignments to the committees related to active transportation, and review and approve applicable technical documents on behalf of the association,
- promote and encourage technology and knowledge transfer by member states, and shall make recommendations regarding needed research,
- review and provide input on proposed federal policies of national concern,
- and identify key policy areas for review and discussion by the Transportation Policy Forum.